Monday, April 4, 2011

Encouragement...

When first starting the TTC journey, I found my first infertility group on Myspace.  I know.  Myspace was the thing like 5 years ago.  Remember, this has been a long journey!  ha.
So anyway, I saw on a friend of a friend's page that she had joined a TTC group on Myspace.  Then she started her own group.  I never joined it, but I stalked it!  Ha!  This friend of a friend was the FIRST person I had ever known to have trouble TTC.  And, well, I didn't really know her.  I just knew of her.  Side note:  She has a precious 2 year-old girl now.  She mentioned a blog (which the only blog I had ever read before was Angie Smith's Blog  ) which was Kelly Stamp's Blog.  Kelly had just found out she was pregnant after a long battle with infertility.  Crazy side note:  one of my BFF's from high school dated Kelly's husband.  So I knew Scott very well back in the day.  Small world.
Anyway, I say all of that to say that the internet has been wonderful.  It let me know I was not alone.  I wanted to share a few of these blogs with you.  If you happen to be struggling, I want you to know you are not alone.

Lianna's blog is wonderful.  I found it from Kelly's blog.  You really should read it sometime.  She has been such an awesome encouragement to me!  We email sometimes, and I just know we would be great fast friends if we knew each other IRL!

Amy's blog is at the TOP of my have to read list.  She is a wonderful writer, and we have a lot in common.  So many times I have commented on her blog to tell her that she just wrote exactly what I was feeling.  She just has a way with words.  She always writes my feelings WAY better than I ever could.

Okay, so I promise I'm not going to go in great detail about every blogger on the list I am about to give you, but these 2 are a must!  (Along with Kelly and Angie!  So I guess these 4 are a must!!)

All of these ladies have encouraged me at one time or another. 

Still on the Trying to Conceive Journey
 
 
 
 
 
(I know there are more.  I feel like I am forgetting someone.  I will add them tomorrow if I remember.)

Life After Infertility





 




(Sarah was a HUGE encouragement for me in deciding to change fertility clinics.  She is awesome!!)

(Samantha is my only IRL friend that has a blog that I know for sure has been through infertility.  She posted pictures on Facebook [what would we do without Facebook] of the celebration day she, her husband, and her precious daughter Madi went to at their Fertility Clinic.  That is when I was thinking hard about changing clinics.  I googled the clinic and did some research.  I finally got up enough nerve to message Sam and ask her about the clinic and her experience.  We did decide to change clinics to the clinic she went to and are using the same doctor.  Best. Decisions. Ever.  (Changing clinics and talking to Sam!)  She has been a WONDERFUL support since that day.  We don't live in the same town anymore, but we do get to see each other sometimes.) 

I also wanted to share with you the blog that Kelly Stamps started years ago with everyone who had contacted her that wanted prayers through TTC.  She also has a list of single girls who are praying to find a Godly husband.  (She got married later in life and was single for a while.)  She has a HUGE heart for families who are TTC.  I pray for the girls on this list a lot.  I can't wait to be able to email her one day with a praise so she can take my name off of the "Pray For" list and add me to the "Praise" list.   

I do love it that there are more families on the "Life After Infertility" list than on the "TTC" list.  It gives me hope.  I hope this was helpful.  I hope if you are TTC you know you are not alone!

No comments: