Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Weight Watchers Update

I actually made it to the Weight Watchers Meeting tonight, and 
   
I lost 3 pounds!    

Okay, so that may not seem like much to lose in 3 weeks, but I have to be honest.......I have eaten a lot of things that are not in my "diet".  I am REALLY trying to make a life style change and not just go on a diet to lose weight.  I am counting my points and eating what I should for my normal 3 meals a day, BUT if we go out to eat or I go to a wedding shower or a party (which I have been to a million of all 3 of these in the last 3 weeks) I am eating what I want......not going crazy, but eating what I want.  Just a few examples, in the last 3 weeks I have had cheese dip and chips, a piece of cheese cake, smoked mozeralla fonduta from Olive Garden (a big bowl of cheese and bread), a big mac with no lettuce and no meat (don't ask), 2 slices of cheese pizza, some b-b-q and french fries, sausage balls, "breakfast for supper" potluck at church, a roll with cinnamon butter from Texas Roadhouse, bacon and cheese bagel from McDonald's for breakfast, and I am sure there is more.    

It was VERY encouraging that I can splurge a few million times and still lose weight.  I am really learning what I should and shouldn't eat.  I know it is different for everyone, and I am really trying to learn my body.   Of course, cutting down MAJORLY on my carbs and sugar helps a lot.  That is part of PCOS.  But, one trick I have learned is that my body really needs fruit, and lots of it.  It seems that if I eat some fruit with some of the things that might not be so good for me, I still feel better.  That is really the point.  YES, I want to lose weight to help me get pregnant, but I really want to feel better.  I want to be more healthy!  Not just so I can get pregnant, but for the rest of my life.  YES, losing weight to help me get pregnant was my first motivation, but now, I want to do this for me, too.     

So, I am going to try to splurge a few million less times this week and see how I do.  Saturday is the only day this week that I have something planned where I won't be able to eat at home, so I am hoping this will help.  The last 3 weeks were CRAZY, but this week I will get to spend more time at home.   And, I am really going to try to start exercising this week.  My goal for now is 30 minutes 3 times a week.  I have to start some where.     

I will report back next week and let you guys know how it goes!

No comments: