Tuesday, February 8, 2011

There is a Reason

My husband and I are about to embark on a journey we have longed for for a long time.  I decided to start this blog to help me remember and record everything that happens in our journey through IVF.  I also hope it will give me a place to vent and help me process the roller coaster of emotions that go along with fertility treatments.  I haven't totally made up my mind if I will ever share this blog with any of my friends and family, but it might also be used one day to inform our families of where we are in our treatment and how things are going.  Maybe one day I will be able to share it with our miracle child(ren).

I decided to start a Music Monday tradition today.  Music has REALLY helped me through this process, so I would like to share a new song every Monday that has touched me in some way during our journey.  The first one I would like to share is where I got my inspiration for this blog.  I was surfing through You Tube like I often do looking for new songs I might like and I came across this title.

"There is a Reason"

It sounded very fitting for our situation, and my motto since my teenage years has always been, "There is a reason for everything."  (I'm pretty sure my friends got tired of me saying that!)  I have discovered with time that I may or may not know that reason on this side of heaven, but there is a reason.

I'm not sure the total reason that my husband and I (well I'm the one with the medical condition that causes infertility, but he suffers also) suffer from infertility, but something good has got to come from this!  
I am a very private person..... especially about things that are very important to me.  It is very hard for me to share my journey, but I have reached out to a few people I have met through reading their blogs and a few IRL (in real life) friends.  That was tough, but very rewarding!  I have a closer bond with those few friends than I ever have before. 
So I may not know all of the reasons my husband and I are going through infertility, but I have decided that maybe I am supposed to help a few people figure some of this infertility stuff out.  I am no expert, but I do know a little more than I did 5 years ago.
I do remember how lonely I felt.
I remember not knowing where to start.
I remember thinking I was the only person in the world that couldn't just get pregnant.
Maybe I can help someone not feel those things that I felt.



I hope you enjoy this song as much as I do.  

2 comments:

Lianna Knight said...

Hang in there girl! I am SO glad you shared this with me.

One day we will be celebrating together the awesomeness of motherhood!

Anonymous said...

Keep your faith! Everything happens according to His time.